I Finally got to play with my new serger!!

I've been wanting to do some home decor sewing for a while...problem is I really wanted to serge the edges and use a surged blind hem. Well Santa Roger got me a Brother Serger for Christmas so the 1st project was to redo the fabric seating on the old directors’ chair.

By old directors’ chair, I mean the 1st piece of furniture I ever purchased. I was living in Florida, saw this cover and just had to have the chair.

Over the years, I've made covers out of coordinated fabric to match the bedroom. This was a velvet stripe from our old bedroom set in plums and greens.


With the help of my new serger, (after a few hours of figuring out how to thread the darn thing), I was able to take a $4.00 remnant of upholstery fabric and make a new cover that coordinates with the current blue/tan bedroom color theme.

Next project...a new duvet cover...I scored this sheet set at Ross for $22.00.  Stay tuned :)

No comments: