Mixed Media Nuno Scarves....

Just a sampling of what I've been working on lately. Renew, recycle, reuse.  These scarve are accented with reclaimed silk fabrics from scarves and clothing and a little bit from my scrap pile.  It's still a nuno, on a base of featherweight chiffon fabric, but I laminated additional silk treasures on top creating a super crinkly effect.  I'm really enjoying this technique and love that I can reclaim the remaining silk from a scarf with a hole, or a blouse with a stain.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fabulous scarves! :) I added your blog to my link list- Thanks for sharing!

Heather Woollove said...

Elise--Your scarves came out beautifully! Between this post of yours and a Judit Pocs video I was watching a couple of days ago, I now have some new ideas on how to 'anchor' my silk fabric when I do another re-purposed silk piece!
Thanks!!!