The Duvet is Finished

All about comfort here.  I hate duvet's that are made with super heavy fabric that weigh down the down comforter.  I used a king sheet set that was a sweet score at Ross.  The fabric was blue on one side, tan on the other and the top of the sheet had a nice pattern.  I cut 12" off the top of the sheet to use a a "buttonhole bar", cut the rest of the fabric in strips and used a dark brown fabric for the edge trim.  The buttons were from my "stash".  (Why buy buttons if you have a box of really cool ones?)  And yes I did make the headboard quite a while ago.  When we remodeled the bedroom./bathroom I decided to recover it and the one thing that is just awesome is the pocket for the remote. 

Also...if you haven't voted for what scarf I'm wearing to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, you only have 5 DAYS left!!!  Come on and humor me!!!  I'm hoping besides the contest to have some other special news that weekend!!!

No comments: